Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weird animated short on Youtube about factory and brother and beetle eating face?

I saw this animated short on Youtube a few years back. I cannot
remember what it was called and only have a very fragmented memory of
what it was about. I believe it was done for a University school
project.

From what I remember, the animation style was kind of "cut and pasty",
if that makes any sense. The people in it were stick-figureish.

It began with Mr. Main Stickfigure (also the narrator) riding his bike
from his home. I remember him wearing goggles and a scarf. The
narrator had a powerful, but calm voice. He was talking about his
brother, and how they both used to go to the woods by the factory.
There was a stream coming from the factory that was black (I think
from pollution). Then I kind of remember Mr. Main looking in the
water's reflection, and possibly talking to it, and it talking back.
The idea was that the reflection was his brother. Anyways, the next
scene I remember was him and his brother in a completely barren/white
plain/plane. They had a short conversation, I think something along
the lines of:

Brother: Why did you leave me in the water to drown?
Mr. Main:
Brother:

Yeah. It was kind of awesome. The last thing I remember was the
narrator ending it with a phrase like "he will always be my other
side" or "my shadow" or "my other self", or something like that.

If anyone knows the title or name of this short, or (even better)
could provide me with a link to it, I would be very appreciative.
Sorry that I don't remember it any better, and all searches on Google
for "brother shadow short animated beetle eat face" haven't turned up
anything useful (as you might have imagined).

Sincerely,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment